Ph.D. Student (Computer Science)
- Dynamic Neural Networks
- Split Computing / Neural Compression
- Edge Deep Learning
- Deep Learning for Telecommunications
- 2022 – MSc in Electrical Engineering, University of Campinas, Brazil
- 2015 – B.Eng in Computer Engineering, University of Campinas, Brazil
Publications and Preprints
- J. S. Assine, J. Santos Filho, E. Valle, and M. Levorato. Slimmable encoders for ﬂexible split dnns in bandwidth and resource constrained iot systems. In 2023 IEEE 24rd International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM). IEEE, 2023.
- J. S. Assine, J. Santos Filho, and E. Valle. Collaborative object detectors adaptive to bandwidth and computation. In IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP). IEEE, 2022
- J. S. Assine, A. Godoy, and E. Valle. Compressing representations for embedded deep learning. arXiv preprint arXiv:1911.10321, 2019.
- J. S. Assine, A. Bravalheri, H. Carvalho, M. Garrich, Y. Fei, X. Wang, A. Fumagalli, and J. Oliveira. Sdn-enabled backpropagation correction for osnr estimation and optimization in under-monitored edfa-based optical links. In ECOC 2016; 42nd European Conference on Optical Communication, pages 1–3. VDE, 2016.